Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello my fellow foodies and people who my mother randomly sent this post to!
Before I get back to describing my love for all things food, I’d like to talk about the random cow-kaka that people say to me.
I’ve been called many things from obvious ones like fatty; to being called a sack of potatoes by my grandmother; to even beached whale by my beloved brothers. But what really gets me in a black mood is when people I barely know come up to me and say cow-kaka like, “oh you’re so cuddly-wuddly! I want to use you as a pillow!” (Giggle giggle)
What can I say to that? Can I say, “Oh you’re such a stick! I want to use you to play fetch with my dog!” Noooo, I can’t. Instead I smile shyly, shrug my shoulders and hope to god that they choke on that piece of lettuce they call lunch and die!
With that being said, moving on to the yummier things in my life. This week I made some delicious and chewy chocolate chip cookies!
I must confess that the cookies you see in the picture were my fourth batch of cookies; the previous batches were trial and error. I experimented with the amount of time the cookies needed to be baked. My first batch was in the oven for 9 minutes. Yes, they came out burnt. The subsequent batches of 8 and 7 too were not up to my chewy expectations. They came out hard and looked not so nice; but that was before I found the “Golden Minute".
6 minutes, my fellow foodies, was the golden minute where my cookies actually looked like cookies and to top it off; they were chewy!
Some things that I would definitely like to alter the next time I decide to bake cookies is the amount of sugar I used; it was too sweet and I would most definitely like to add more chocolate. All in all, for my first (Ahem) fourth attempt at baking cookies, it was awesome!


Until next time, stay awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...cookie. On the other note, you SHOULD say that to them: “Oh you’re such a stick! I want to use you to play fetch with my dog!”

    ReplyDelete