Powered By Blogger

Saturday, 25 October 2014

Dark Chocolate Ganache Pie

Happy Diwali my fellow foodies! I know I have not been so regular with the posts and I apologise. Of late, given that I go through frequent bouts of existential issues and never ending dilemmas of wanting to quit my job, I have decided that my plans to become an anime character must be put on hold.
This weekend I will be talking about a Ganache pie that I made. I love pies and I’m slowly trying to learn how to make a basic biscuit piecrust. I did make one for the Nutella Cheesecake and yes it was amazing because of the added Nutella but this piecrust I made out of plain digestive biscuits and butter was pretty darn good as well.
Now before you go oooh Ganache, it sounds so fancy and so bourgeois let me just say that a monkey’s uncle could do it. So, for those of you who are noobs when it comes to baking like I am, then this recipe will surely sort that worry out.
I initially wanted to make a Lindt chocolate Ganache but my local grocery store was fresh out of Lindt chocolate; which was a good thing because I ended up buying dark cooking chocolate with 70% cocoa. It just so happens that you can’t make Ganache with chocolate with less than 70% cocoa in it. 

So here’s how I made the biscuit base:
  • Digestive Biscuits: 2 cups
  • Cooking Butter (at room temperature): 1 cup
  • First pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees.
  • All you need to do is give the biscuits a whizz in the mixer and spread it out over the pie dish or if you don’t have one, a plate with edges would do.
  • Take the room temperature butter and mix it with the biscuit powder; I did it with my hands but a fork would work as well.
  • Line the biscuit base into the pie dish and bake for 5-6 minutes or until it is golden brown.
  • Remove the pie dish from the oven and set aside.


For the Ganache:
  • Dark Cooking Chocolate- 2 cups
  • Fresh Cream- 1 cup
  • Break up the chocolate into small pieces.
  • Add the chocolate and fresh cream together over a slow flame.
  • Stir continuously until all the chocolate is melted.
  • Take it off the heat and pour it over the biscuit base.
  • Can you guess which piece he cut?
  • Let it cool in the fridge for an hour or two and serve with whipped cream.
And there you have it folks, a deliciously rich chocolate Ganache pie that you can share with your loved ones and fellow foodies! I would have ideally wanted it to stay put overnight but with certain family members constantly giving you a time update, I didn’t think it was possible. In fact the moment I took it out from the fridge, my brother, the caveman that he is, carved out a rather large piece and ran away with it. 

Until next time, stay awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment